Landscape Architect : Hickory North Carolina
McGill Associates, an Award Winning multi-disciplined planning and engineering firm, has an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Landscape Architect in our Hickory, NC Office. McGill associates is a leading provider of Landscape Architecture and Planning services for both recreation facilities and downtown redevelopment projects throughout North Carolina and the Southeast Tennessee. The candidate will assist in services for both park / recreation and land development projects for private and public clients throughout the Southeast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across offices with the Project Landscape Architect to develop design concepts and works alongside CADD Operators, Engineering Technicians and the Construction Team to produce work from Schematic Design to full Construction Documentation and to reduce plans and designs to working drawings.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, and aerial photographs on terrain, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design a project.
- Assist in the preparation of design computations, quantity estimates and in the development of construction cost estimates. Position may also include visits to construction sites to assist in monitoring progress and other duties per the construction contract documents.
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, conceptual plans, construction documents, feasibility studies, permits and designs for project.
- Attend client meetings, during and outside regular office hours to develop client relationships.
Minimum Education and Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, or related field, from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Candidates should be proficient in and possess excellent writing and communication skills, client service orientation and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Prepare high quality presentation renderings and graphic communications materials using both traditional hand & digital technology (Adobe Photoshop).
- Strong 2D and 3D design and graphics skills
- Must be proficient in the use of current versions of AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint, and SketchUp
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel) is expected.
- Valid driver’s license.
Hickory, North Carolina
How to Apply
McGill Associates offers competitive salaries and a rich benefit plan that includes medical, dental, 401(k) match and much more. Please send a cover letter and resume with references in one document and include Landscape Architect – Hickory in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. McGill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.